Thursday, April 11, 2013

Guest Indian chefs on Friday, April 19,2013

Come and join us on Friday, April 19th,2013.  Guest chefs from the community, Nazneen and Michelle will be making authentic Indian dishes for our guests. Nazneen has been doing a social work internship for Who Is My Neighbor? Inc., which is a partner with Better World Café. Michelle recently moved to Highland Park from India, she often volunteers here at a Better World Cafe.

Nazneen's two dishes will be:

Indian Cabbage:
"Although she is not a vegetarian, my mom loves vegetarian food the most," Nazneen explained. "This particular dish was my favorite growing up. It always seems to convert people, including my husband. This is my husband's favorite dish, just my luck it happens to be the simplest."

Chicken Korma:
Nazneen told us, "My dad is the executive check in our family home. He was taught the basics by my grandmother and from there he has experimented his way into perfection. This is his signature dish and the first dish he taught me how to cook. When I cook this dish, it reminds me of waking up to a Dad starting dinner at 6 am."

Chef Michelle will be making basmati rice pulao, which is Indian style rice pilaf with vegetables and exotic spices.

We invite you come and dine with us !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment